House Moving Tips From Elite Movers
- Label all the items in each box clearly and designated area at new location. Always fill the box to the top and close the lid sealing with strong packing tape.
- Use bubble wrap to pack fragile items. Alternatively, you can use newsprint for packing breakable items.
- Do not pack any flammable goods, explosives, and perishable foods with the other items in the boxes. Pack them separately, label the boxes clearly
- Empty, defrost and dry out your fridge/freezer one day before the moving.
- Switch on the fridge/freezer only a few hours after moving to your new house to let the coolants settled down.
- Consume/dispose all groceries in the fridges, if possible, so that you do not need to worry about bringing these groceries to your new house.
- Forward change of address notices to post office, magazines, protection coverage, creditors and tax office
- Make Arrangement for moving of your pets
- Self packaging will ideally take approximate of 2-3 weeks time to complete, as such start your packing as early as possible
- Set aside essential items for convenient purpose such as medicine, cheque book, cash, keys and important documents and etc
- Arrange to disconnect and connect your essential services, gas, water, phone and electricity
- Appliances are best moved in their original packing so it’s worth having them available or getting replacement boxes from your dealer. If not our house movers will modify packing materials for this task. Disconnect cords and leads from stereo, computer, TV etc. Remove Speakers from the wall or disconnect from your stereo
- Have you left anything behind? Take one last look around. Is the dishwasher emptied?